I started taking photos seriously since 2015 and my photography journey has blown me away. The doors it has opened and the people I have met along the way have been incredible. I have so many people to thank so as this year is a milestone birthday for me I want to GIVE BACK! I am starting 12 months of giveaways through my blog, Instagram and other channels! This first month I am starting with a Free for all (FFA) with my photos.
Scott Bakken Free For All Photo Contest (#scottcbakkenffa)
I want to help others step into their dreams and opportunities just as you have helped me. This month I am doing a FFA (free for all). I have placed 20 of my favourite photos in a dropbox. I want to see your creative juices flow. I am going to give my favourite edit and caption a $500USD Gift Card to Amazon.com to use how you wish. Ultimately, I would love the winner to use it towards the funds towards tools or gear that advance them in their skills or opportunities so purchasing lenses, gear or other tech items would be great. Winner announced June 19 2017.
I have also included some tips below on editing and also the contest rules.
2. Edit the photo with your own spin and post it on Instagram in the month of June 2017.
3. Mention and tag @scottcbakken in your caption.
4. Follow @scottcbakken.
5. Use #scottcbakkenffa so I can keep track easily and engage with you.
6. There is no limit to how many photos you can enter in the month of June (ends June 19th).
1. Editing- If editing on your phone use apps like VSCO or Snapseed. When editing on your computer, give Lightroom a try. Feel free to experiment with colours and highlights and get as creative as you want with photoshop. Bring your own creative spin on it.
2. Engage with others in the FFA. Follow the hashtag and encourage others in their crafts and provide healthy and helpful feedback.
3. Be a positive voice in social. When you inspire others, it has a ripple effect and you will see others do the same.
All photos by @scottcbakken. These are JPEGS and remain the property of Scott Bakken. These are not for sale and not permitted to be used elsewhere except in the contest. Not for reprint, resale or for commercial use. Any other purpose except social posting is not permitted.
An entrepreneur, creator, father & husband from Calgary, Scott Bakken is inspiring a generation of creatives to live their best life.